Tuesday 9 September 2014

Worn: First Day of School

Yesterday was my first day of class as a second year university student.  Moment of silence here, please.  How did a year pass by so quickly?!  Is it strange that I feel like i'm still in first year?  Perhaps, it's because I don't perceive myself as being different than I was in first year.  Regardless, I can already anticipate the chaos that is to come.  Let's hope that second year is a fulfilling one, inshaAllah.  

Now, on to the outfit.  Yesterday was a gorgeous day, with the sunshine providing an aura that makes you want to take a nap.  Although feeling lethargic is probably not a good way to start the week, it's so reminiscent of relaxing, no-obligation summer days.  I decided to recycle a summer outfit, with fall touches.  

                           


I hate to admit it, but my sister is actually hilarious and is always cracking me up. :)


Funny story: I had actually planned to wear boho floral pants but they had a hole in them.  A last minute change left me leaving the house in my trusty joggers.  I love them. Enough said. (Thank you to Celina for introducing me to them).

My backpack is a recent purchase from Target.  I've been looking for a leather backpack that would fit my laptop for a while and was actually surprised that I found one at Target.  (Silent prayer that it lasts).  I love gold detailing.  In fact, I decided on my sunglasses shade because it has the gold rim, as opposed to the brown versions.  


Attempting to stand on the wooden bench swing.  

and succeeding! 



 I'm going to miss this view once winter comes along. 


It's the little things like a gorgeous sunny day (when it's not scorching) that uplift the somber thoughts that come with going back to school.

P.S. I'm publishing this as I head off to my first BIO230 lecture in about 10 mins. Ahh 
















2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I wish my sister was a more enthusiastic photographer like yours. And can I have your backpack?

    ReplyDelete